Breathe and Play Inclusive Yoga for Kids and Families
Foundations - 20 hours
Learn the foundations of kids, yoga, and inclusivity!
Sept 22-23rd, 2018: Breathe and Play Every Day, 1073 Hancock St #200, Quincy, MA
Saturday, September 22nd: 8 am - 6 pm & Sunday, September 23rd: 11:00am - 6pm (plus 5 hours of additional work scheduled individually)
December 8th-9th, 2018: Yogaworks Chestnut Hill
Saturday, December 8th: 10am-5pm & Sunday, December 9th: 10am-5pm (plus 5 hours of additional work scheduled individually)
What you will learn:
- The heart and soul of Breathe and Play yoga - the HOW and WHY we do what we do
- Developmental stages - How child development impacts life and how yoga can help.
- Disabilities - Overview of disabilities; how (and why) to be inclusive
- Overview of the Breathe and Play class structure, unit structure, and annual structure
- Behavior management strategies and actions
- Business - Real life obstacles and implementation of teaching yoga to kids and families
You will leave with:
- A certificate of completion: 20 hour "Breathe and Play: Foundations"
- Access to the private group of Breathe and Play certified instructors
- A collaborative community to support you along your journey
- Endless opportunities for continued growth and learning (mentorships, observations, teaching, and potential employment opportunities)
- Have an open mind
- Have a passion for kids and inclusivity
Anyone is welcome to join this training - Yoga Instructors, Parents/Caregivers, School Staff, and any other human you can think of.
Meet your expert kids and family yoga faculty:
Heather DiNino, M.Ed - Co-owner & Founder of Breathe and Play Every Day, LLC., Special Educator, Yoga Instructor, and Mom.
I've pretty much always worked with kids - but nothing taught me as much as having my own! My education and experiences at both work and home have helped me create a teacher training program that is fun, effective, and different than anything you've taken before. Learn a welcoming, safe, inclusive approach to teach children and families of all ages and all abilities.
I share my whole self with you in hopes that you will catch the contagious, infectious bug of curiosity and love for learning and teaching.
YOUR JOURNEY CONTINUES WHEN THE WEEKEND IS OVER!
The training includes 5 hours of additional learning opportunities:
You are invited to choose your own adventure - Choose from the following:
- Observe live classes at Breathe and Play Every Day (our home studio in Quincy)
- Watch pre-recorded kids yoga classes
- Attend a session of mock classes and Q&A