Breathe and Play Inclusive Yoga for Kids and Families
Learn the foundations of inclusivity, kids, and yoga!
Part 1: Foundations - 20 hours
Sept 22-23rd, 2018: Breathe and Play Every Day, 1073 Hancock St #200, Quincy, MA
Saturday, September 22nd: 8 am - 6 pm & Sunday, September 23rd: 11:00am - 6pm (plus 5 hours of additional work scheduled individually)
December 8th-9th, 2018: Yogaworks Chestnut Hill
Saturday, December 8th: 10am-5pm & Sunday, December 9th: 10am-5pm (plus 5 hours of additional work scheduled individually)
What you will learn:
- What kids yoga is (the "Breathe and Play" way)
- The heart and soul of Breathe and Play yoga - the HOW and WHY we do what we do
- Developmental stages - How child development impacts life and how yoga can help.
- Disabilities - Overview of disabilities; how (and why) to be inclusive
- Overview of Breathe and Play class structure, unit structure, and annual structure
- Classroom management and improvisation strategies
- A bit of business - Real life implementation of teaching yoga to kids and families
You will leave with:
- A certificate of completion: 20 hour "Breathe and Play: Foundations"
- Access to the private group of Breathe and Play certified instructors
- A collaborative community to support you along your journey
- Endless opportunities for continued growth and learning (mentorships, observations, teaching, and potential employment opportunities)
- You have to love kids (even if it's just your own) - Honestly, that's it!
Anyone is welcome to join this training - Yoga Instructors, Parents/Caregivers, School Staff, and anyone else you can think of.
I ask that you have an open mind, a willingness to learn, and the ability to think outside the box.
Early bird $325 (Register by July 31st) — Regular Price $395
Educator discount - inquire for details
Meet your expert family yoga faculty:
Heather DiNino, M.Ed - Co-owner & Founder of Breathe and Play Every Day, LLC., Special Educator, Yoga Instructor, and Mom. I bring many unique experiences from work, school, trainings, books, and life. I share my whole self with you in hopes that you will catch the contagious, infectious bug of curiosity and love for learning and teaching.
Babies to Teens and Everyone in Between!
YOUR JOURNEY CONTINUES WHEN THE WEEKEND IS OVER!
The training includes 5 hours of additional learning opportunities:
You are invited to choose your own adventure - Choose from the following:
- Observe live classes at Breathe and Play Every Day (our home studio in Quincy)
- Watch pre-recorded kids yoga classes
- Attend a session of mock classes and Q&A